VAT Manager – MitchamJob Description
Make sure you hit “APPLY” if you feel you are suitable for this role!
Carlton Recruitment will be holding Candidate Registration Days in Wimbledon and Epsom over the next two weeks.
We will be recruiting for this role and a variety of exciting temporary and permanent positions.
If you’re currently looking for your next opportunity then pop in on one of the days with your CV and passport and introduce yourself. We’ll talk you through our latest vacancies and get to know what you’re after in your career!
Open days take place between 9:00am – 5:30pm at the following locations:
Wimbledon – Tuesday 17th April 2018 – The Wimbledon Business Centre, The Old Town Hall, 4 Queens Road, Wimbledon, SW19 8YB
Epsom – Wednesday 25th April 2018 – Global House, No 1 Ashley Avenue, Epsom, KT18 5AD
NOTE: PLEASE MAKE SURE YOU BRING
- Your passport, if you do not have a passport please bring your full birth certificate
- Your CV and National Insurance card/letter
- Drivers and forklift operators must have their valid license so we can make copies.
Please phone our offices if you need to visit outside of hours. We look forward to seeing you.
£45,000 (pro rata)
Our prestigious client is looking for a VAT Manager to join their vibrant offices in Mitcham. Working as part of the Finance team, you will be the lead on all VAT related matters for the business across UK and European divisions. You will be able to hit the ground running and keep up to date with UK laws and practises in respect of VAT, monitoring developments in EU trade and providing your knowledge and expertise to ensure the client stays on top of the market.
This role is part-time, working 20 hours a week Monday – Friday 10.00am to 2.00pm, although there could be some degree of flexibility.
- Preparation and submission of VAT returns for UK, Netherlands, Germany, Belgium and Sweden
- Preparation and submission of annual VAT return and deposit calculation for Germany
- Managing VAT inspections as required
- Providing clarification over the accuracy of VAT accounting and VAT related matters
- Driving continued improvement of VAT affairs
- Providing expert advice on any changes in VAT legislation and implement them within the business
- Providing VAT knowledge, advice and leadership for business planning and for specific events, including growth, acquisition, integrations and disposals
- Manage VAT compliance
- Acting as a primary VAT contact with the business for specific requests, uncertain or contentious positions and liaise with HMRC
- Hosting VAT audits and manage provision of answers to VAT related questions
- Ensuring continuing tax compliance and all forms of statutory reporting impacted by Brexit, for the transition period and through to post-Brexit
- Compiling monthly EC Sales lists for UK, Netherlands, Belgium and Germany
- Managing responses to queries regarding VAT registrations of customers
- Compiling despatch Intrastat reports for the UK and Netherlands
- Reconciling the import VAT deferment account to VAT return UK. Manage the deferment account authorisations and limits
- Recovering occasional import VAT in other countries
- Completing corporation tax spreadsheets from Staples HQ
- Compiling draft Corporation Tax return, send to external provider for review before filing
- Monitoring developments in VAT and EU trade – Brexit, FHDDS, MTD
- Providing reconciliations of VAT general ledger accounts to VAT returns
- Managing reporting of VAT matters of company audit
- Strong, detailed knowledge of UK law and practice in respect of VAT
- Good understanding of the working of HMRC
- Attention to detail
- Logical problem solver
- Self-starter with the ability to work on own initiative
- Excellent time management and interpersonal skills
- Ability to communicate effectively at all levels including excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to impart technical information to non-finance professionals
- Excellent planning and organisational skills
- Strong IT skills, including advanced Excel
- ATT (Association of Taxation Technicians) essential
- CTA (VAT specialist) desirable but not a requirement
Established in 1999 Carlton Recruitment is a successful Recruitment Agency with an excellent reputation for supplying high quality staffing solutions. Our network is complimented by branches in, Epsom, Wimbledon and Kent allowing us scope to support clients across the whole of London, Kent and Surrey.READ MORE »