Credit Controller (Temp to Perm) – WimbledonJob Description
Make sure you “HIT” and “APPLY” if you feel you are suitable for this role!
Carlton Recruitment will be holding Candidate Registration Days in Epsom and Wimbledon over the next two weeks.
We will be recruiting for this role and a variety of exciting temporary and permanent positions.
If you’re currently looking for your next opportunity then pop in on one of the days with your CV and passport and introduce yourself. We’ll talk you through our latest vacancies and get to know what you’re after in your career!
Open days take place between 9:00am – 5:30pm at the following locations:
Epsom – Wednesday 14th March 2018 – Global House, No 1 Ashley Avenue, Epsom, KT18 5AD
Wimbledon – Tuesday 20th March 2018 – The Wimbledon Business Centre, The Old Town Hall, 4 Queens Road, Wimbledon, SW19 8YB
NOTE: PLEASE MAKE SURE YOU BRING
- Your passport, if you do not have a passport please bring your full birth certificate
- Your CV and National Insurance card/letter
- Drivers and forklift operators must have their valid license so we can make copies.
Please phone our offices if you need to visit outside of hours. We look forward to seeing you.
Credit Controller (Temp to Perm)
£25,000 – £27,000
Excellent opportunity for a Credit Controller who is immediately available to temp for 3 months, with a view to going permanent.
Purpose of role:
- To have prime responsibility for the credit control function within the Sales Ledger team for two of the four divisions in the company.
- The post holder will be responsible for the timely collection of outstanding payments of a Ledger that consists of high and low value accounts within the organisation.
- Maintaining a consistently high level of customer service both internally and externally.
- Perform daily credit control for all the divisional accounts allocated by the Sales Ledger Manager.
- To chase outstanding payments according to credit terms and conditions in a timely manner.
- Collection of outstanding payments by telephone, email and letters and logging all activity onto the PSF system under Comments.
- To ensure all contact details are kept up to date.
- To ensure that queries are logged accurately with full details entered on the query log system.
- Work with the Income and Billings Analyst to resolve all outstanding queries efficiently and promptly.
- Regular meetings with the Income & Billings Analyst to follow up on all outstanding queries.
- Respond to all forms of communication from Funders or PWS requesting information that may affect future payments.
- Escalate accounts to the Income & Billing Analyst
- Ensure unallocated receipts are matched to invoices in a timely manner.
- Encouraging Direct Debit and Debit Card payment methods for PWS/Parents accounts.
- Provide aged debtor commentary updates on all debtors within the company
- Recommend any entries for possible bad-debt provision/ write-offs.
- Work with the Sales Ledger Administrator to ensure that all receipts are correctly allocated and to follow up on all unallocated payments.
- Liaise with Funder and PWS on all overpayments and credit notes.
- Regular meetings with the Income & Billings Analyst to follow up on investigations.
- Perform other duties commensurate with the general level of responsibility of this post.
- Two years experience within a similar role
- Sound knowledge of Credit Control and understanding the relationship of activity to management of risk such as cash flow maintenance and relevant areas of financial reporting.
- Ability to assimilate information and to define issues quickly so they can be communicated clearly to others within the team and externally.
- Presents complex information effectively and concisely using different communication media, tailoring approach to the knowledge of the audience.
- Able to prioritise effectively and manage time to ensure work is completed within deadlines and momentum of debt collection is maintained.
- Pro-actively seeks solutions to problems, including the need to work constructively with the Income & Billing Analyst and Sales Ledger Manager to resolve workload issues.
- Organises information and filing in an accessible and timely manner.
- Can create positive relationships with others.
- Strong commitment to the delivery of results across the section to agreed benchmarks.
- An understanding of the different types funding/ income sources. (Training can be provided).
Established in 1999 Carlton Recruitment is a successful Recruitment Agency with an excellent reputation for supplying high quality staffing solutions. Our network is complimented by branches in, Epsom, Wimbledon and Kent allowing us scope to support clients across the whole of London, Kent and Surrey.READ MORE »